Suzuki GSX-8S Roadster
New engine, new chassis and new look
776 cc inline twin, 82.9 hp and 78 Nm, KYB suspension, Nissin brakes, Dunlop tyres, 202 kg
Suzuki has been speaking about growing a brand new medium-displacement twin-cylinder engine for a number of years. After ready, patents and photographs of growth bikes, the Hamamatsu producer has simply lifted the veil on a brand new platform and its GSX-8S Roadster.
Visually, the Japanese model brings a wholly new fashion to its medium-displacement roadster by adopting an aggressive look and choosing an LED entrance headlight that remembers its affiliation with the newest technology of the GSX-S 1000. All LEDs besides the sunshine. Front and rear indicators.
The GSX-8S although shouldn’t be an replace of the GSX-S 750 (4 cylinder) or the SV650 (maintained within the catalog) as every thing from the engine is new right here.
The new 776cc liquid-cooled inline twin options twin-shaft timing with 270° valve timing. In phrases of efficiency, the dual boasts a most energy of 82.9 horsepower at 8,500 rpm and a peak torque of 78 Nm at 6,800 rpm, all with a gasoline financial system of 4.2 l/100 km.
Like all fashionable machines, the Roadster will get a ride-by-wire digital accelerator linked to the SIRS digital package deal with three driving modes (A, B, C), traction management, low-speed help or perhaps a two-way shifter. The customary slipper clutch is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
This new engine is suspended from a brand new tubular metal body specifically developed for this block to make sure good dealing with. The rear body, additionally seen within the metal tube. The aluminum alloy swingarm can be utterly new.
The Roadster thus displays a reasonably typical geometry for the section with a wheelbase of 1,465 mm, however with a reasonably pure driving place that’s solely barely ahead. With a seat peak of simply 810mm, the brand new GSX needs to be appropriate for a lot of templates.
In phrases of suspension, KYB equips the GSX-8S with an inverted fork with 130mm journey and preload-adjustable central rear shock absorber. Braking is mounted on Nissin calipers, radial on the entrance, two 310mm discs on the entrance and a 240mm on the rear. The 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels get a brand new design and are shod with Dunlop Roadsport 2 tires in 120/70 and 180/55. With its full 14-litre tank, the mannequin claims a gross weight of 202kg.
Finally, the GSX-8S is provided with new switches and a 5-inch colour TFT counter that shows all the same old data and is adjustable in accordance with two show modes. A pop-up system for warning messages, comparable to for upkeep, has additionally been built-in.
The Suzuki GSX-8S is offered in three colours right here with the very traditional all-black livery, a blue variant and a white model with blue subframe and wheels.
The worth of the Roadster and its launch date are but to be introduced by the producer, however it appears to be positioned towards the Honda Hornet 750. And we’ll inform you extra throughout its video take a look at, plus counsel some comparisons!
Image of Suzuki GSX-8S
Technical Specifications Suzuki GSX-8S
- Engine: In-line twin, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, double overhead camshaft distribution, 270° valve timing, 4 valves per cylinder, Euro 5
- Displacement: 776 cc (84 x 70 mm)
- Power: 82.9 hp (61 kW) at 8,500 rpm
- Torque: 78 Nm at 6,800 rpm
- Consumption (WMTC): 4.2 l/100 km
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic injection, 42 mm throttle physique, ride-by-wire throttle
- Ignition: Electronic Transistorized
- Lubrication: moist sump, stress
- Riding Mode: A (Active), B (Basic), C (Comfort)
- Clutch: Oil tub multidisc, anti skid
- Gearbox: 6 velocity, two-way shifter
- Final drive: By chain
- Frame: metal tube body, metal tube subframe
- Front Suspension: KYB inverted fork, 130mm journey
- Rear Suspension: Aluminum swingarm, preload-adjustable KYB central shock absorbers
- Front Brakes: Dual 310 mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston radial calipers
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc, Nissin single piston floating caliper
- Wheels: Aluminum alloy rims, 17 inches
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W) Dunlop Roadsport 2
- Rear tire: 180/55 ZR17 M/C (73W) Dunlop Roadsport 2
- Length: 2.115 mm
- Width: 775 mm
- Height: 1.105 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,465 mm
- Ground clearance: 145 mm
- Saddle peak: 810 mm
- Weight: 202 kg absolutely loaded
- Tank: 14 litres
Availability / Price
- Color: Blue, White, Black
- Price:- Euro
- Availability: 2023
More details about Suzuki