Eagles OTA Practice Notes: Inspiring Quotes from Jalen Hurts
The Philadelphia Eagles did two OTA openings for the press on Friday afternoon and I was at the NovaCare Complex to get it all in. This is what I saw!
- Disclaimer: Before we start, please keep in mind that the Eagles do not allow video / recording after the heat and space adjustment. As a result, you do not see anything.
- MORE JALEN: It’s hard to make the most out of the almost (a little bit of an hour?) June OTA trial when the team didn’t do any 11-on-11 tasks. The lack of even a hypothetical coercion makes the error more obvious than safety. That said, Hurts threw some good throws that were inspiring to see.
The Hurts opened the 7-on-7 by lifting the ball down to the right to drop it into a DeVonta Smith pitcher. There seemed to be a soft spot to be seen with new Eagles defender James Bradberry following the game.
Hurts had another deep fulfillment for Deon Cain, who you probably didn’t realize was on the list. Hurts hit his midfield target with Darius Slay following.
Pain found DeVonta Smith on the lower left side after the main receiver burned Slay to open. The ball was a bit shaky to get in but it didn’t matter.
Now, it wasn’t a good day for Hurts. He was almost selected by Slay in the game where Brown was supposed to play in the back and break. It seemed to be over. Hurts also knocked Brown open on the right side.
The most inspiring throw from Hurts was probably not his deepest test. In the past he has done well in this area. In contrast, the pain did not go unnoticed in the field, especially in the small and medium-sized areas. Pain can show a gradual progression in the matter by connecting the closed window to cross the Jack Stoll further. Good stuff.
There have been discussions of Hurts working on his construction project with Tom House and other coaches. I don’t know how much stuff I actually have in it; his move did not look very different from my eye. If so, Hurts seemed confident and free from the mistakes. This is what he said is important to him as he has been in various activities over the past few years.
The Eagles hope to see Pain continue to maintain good OTA practices before starting to do the same in training camp.
After a workout, Hurts opened his press conference by calling for better gun control.
Jalen Hurts: “We need weapons off the road. Something needs to change.”
– Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) June 3, 2022
The Eagles players (including the Hurts) were wearing special experimental jerseys with orange numbers to indicate gun violence.
Eagles players and the organization have been on the move to address the causes of gun violence for some time.
He doesn’t just talk about it because it’s in the news. https://t.co/Jtj6wtgB9Z
-Ben Nathan (@thebennatan) June 3, 2022
- Look! AJ Brown is working in Eagles gear.
- TOGETHER: Several well-known players disappeared on trial. It takes a lot of repetition that OTAs are voluntary, so it doesn’t seem to be that difficult. Fletcher Cox was one of those who did not. There is no Jalen Reagor, who mourns the death of his friend Jeff Gladney, or Quez Watkins or Zach Pascal. With Brett Toth having his wedding today, the first line was missing … except for Isaac Seumala.
- ALL EXPERIENCES: Tyree Jackson was seen experimenting with a big club and hands on his right leg. Jackson tore up his ACL in January and could be on the starting line-up for the PUP series. John Hightower did not participate; instead, he was working on a land reform project. Andre Chachere seems to have shaken his leg one time but did not stop.
- TABLE ACTIVITIES: Kyzir White and TJ Edwards were two backfielders. It’s no surprise that Nakobe Dean didn’t put it in right away because that’s not the case for actors. Vets often get a chance at the beginning of the season. It’s still time for a big change in the training camp … Andre Chachere, who the Eagles used as a nickel corner, was the second linebacker alongside K’Von Wallace … Reid Sinnett was third behind the Hurts. and Gardner Minshew. UDFA Rookie Carson Strong saw very few trials.
- No surprises here but DeVonta Smith looked good in 7-on-7. Hurts and he were clearly on the same page.
- Brown and Hurts have a relationship but may need more time to do field chemistry. Many offseason reps are left to achieve more.
- At the risk of putting him in Na Brown’s territory, the aforementioned Deon Kaini could be an unofficial name to watch this season. He took advantage of the Reagor / Watkins / Pascal opportunity to be reliable when the Hurts left. It looked like Hurts trusted him in the slot.
- JJ Arcega-Whiteside actually worked with solid ends during the test. He doesn’t look too big for me. More common than ever, sure, but much smaller than other tight aspects. I still do not buy JJAW from TE and save its work.
- Zech McPhearson was about to remove Gardner Minshew by arriving home late. McPhearson made a lot of plays in action last year.
- 41 out of 41 crimes: Jared Mayden stripped Britain after Covey grabbed a handful in the house. Mayden also clashed with Covey in an attempt to break the pass in the final game. Early signs of size Covey (5-8, 173 pounds) may be limited. In Mayden’s case, the clever one is with him that he wants to release a player who shares his jersey number.
- Beware of BGN Radio’s podcast broadcasts on OTA’s latest trends!
EXCEPT: The Eagles will leave this weekend before returning to the last three OTA events next week Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Media will be allowed to attend one of these sessions. This will be our last look at the team until the training ground begins at the end of July.