CONCACAF Nations League: USA vs. Grenada
USMNT vs. Grenada
2022-23 Concacaf Nations League Group Stage Match No. 1
June 10, 2022
Q2 Circle; Austin, Texas
Pre-match: 9:30 pm ET on ESPN +, UniMás, TUDN
Kickoff: 10pm ET on ESPN +, UniMás, TUDN
Social Media: @USMNT pa twitter and Instagram; US football tournament Facebook The US Soccer App
Tonight USMNT Warning XI vs. Grenada: 1-Matt Turner, 5-Antonee Robinson, 7-Paul Arriola, 8-Weston McKennie (capt.), 9-Jesús Ferreira, 13-Jordan Morris, 14-Luca de la Torre, 15-Aaron Long, 20-Cameron Carter -Vickers, 22-Reggie Cannon, 23-Kellyn Acosta
Owners: 12-Sean Johnson, 18-Ethan Horvath, 2-DeAndre Yedlin, 3-Walker Zimmerman, 4-Joe Scally, 6-Yunus Musah, 10-Cristian Roldan, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 16-George Bello, 17-Malik Tillman, 19-Haji Wright, 21-Tim Weah
MATERIALS of drama | | FIVE POINTS TO KNOW OF GRENADA
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Kellyn Acosta (52), Jordan Morris (47), Paul Arriola (46), Weston McKennie (34), Antonee Robinson (28), Reggie Cannon (26), Aaron Long ( 26), Matt Turner (18), Jesús Ferreira (12), Cameron Carter-Vickers (10), Luca de la Torre (10)
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers in official competition (including games): Kellyn Acosta (33), Paul Arriola (31), Jordan Morris (27), Weston McKennie (19), Reggie Cannon (15), Antonee Robinson (15), Matt Turner (15), Aaron Long (11), Jesús Ferreira (7), Luca de la Torre (5), Cameron Carter-Vickers (1)
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers in the Concacaf Nations League (including games): Weston McKennie (7), Paul Arriola (5), Jordan Morris (5), Reggie Cannon (5), Aaron Long (4), Kellyn Acosta (3), Antonee Robinson (2), Cameron Carter-Vickers (1), Luca de la Torre (1), Jesús Ferreira (1), Matt Turner (1)
- Tonight’s Starting XI is about 25 years old, 235 days.
- The USMNT line consists of 27 hats and 15 models in the official race.
- Gregg Berhalter has made eight changes to the USMNT series that began Sunday’s draw against Uruguay, defending Aaron Long, midfielder Weston McKennie and player Jesús Ferreira as keepers.
- Forward Jordan Morris and midfielder Kellyn Acosta appear for the first time in the June window.
- Jordan Morris led all US players and four assistants and tied the knot with Weston McKennie with four goals scored in the 2019-21 Concacaf Nations League,
- Weston McKennie leads USMNT for the third time tonight and for the first time since their 2-1 defeat in Switzerland on May 30, 2021. McKennie is the only US player to feature in all six of the 2019-21 CNL matches.
- Goalkeeper Matt Turner is back in the middle of the bat in his third USMNT appearance at Austin’s Q2 Stadium. Turner paid tribute to Budweiser Man of the Match for his three-time defense in the United States 1-0 win over Qatar in the Gold Cup final last year on July 29, 2021. He kept another record in the team’s 2-0 win over Jamaica. The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Oct. 7, 2021.
- making its 10th appearing tonight, full-back Cameron Carter-Vickers received his first trophy in the official competition.
- Two Cameron Carter-Vickers and Aaron Long are 20 years oldth separate back pairing under USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter.
- Also making its 10th appearances tonight, Luca de la Torre is getting his third USMNT debut.
- Planning to celebrate its 24th anniversaryth birthday Saturday, behind Reggie Cannon’s resumption of the June camp tonight. Cannon resumed a 3-0 win over Morocco on June 1 in Cincinnati.
- Five players with boyfriends in Texas are off to the USA tonight. Kellyn Acosta (Plano, Texas), Reggie Cannon (Grape, Texas) and Jesús Ferreira (McKinney, Texas) are all FC Dallas Academy players who started playing for the first team in the club. Weston McKennie (Little Elm, Texas) also played for FC Dallas Academy before signing with Schalke of the German Bundesliga in 2016, with player Paul Arriola joining the club earlier this season.
- With teams that only wear 23 players, defender Erik Palmer-Brown (abdominal pain), midfielder Tyler Adams (coach’s opinion) and striker Christian Pulisic (coach’s opinion) are not in the current team. Teams are allowed to make five changes at three different times.
- USA is 3-0-0 regularly against Grenada. The teams played home and away games during the Preliminary Round of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Qualifying, when USA won 3-0 on June 13, 2004 in Columbus, Ohio, before winning 3-2 on June 20. 2004 in St. Petersburg. George’s Grenada. The final meeting was held at the opening game of the 2009 Concacaf Gold Cup, when USA won 4-0 on July 4 in Seattle.
- USMNT is a 2-0-0 regular at Q2 Stadium in Austin. The team won 1-0 against Qatar in the Concacaf Gold Cup Semifinals on July 29, 2021 and a 2-0 win over Jamaica in the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying on Oct. 7, 2021.
- Hector Said Martinez of Honduras is the judge for today’s game. He won four USMNT matches: 0-0 draw vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina (Jan. 28, 2018; Friendly), 6-0 win vs. Trinidad and Tobago (June 22, 2019; Concacaf Gold Cup), 7-0 vs. Trinidad and Tobago (Jan. 31, 2021; Friendly), 1-0 win vs. Haiti (July 11, 2021; Concacaf Gold Cup).