Returning to the meeting and suspending the use of the mask adds to the drop in temperature, which in turn increases the need for care for children with symptoms of shortness of breath.
>> With high incidence of Covid-19, Curitibar has about 4,000 active cases
>> Parana has been investigated in suspected cases of mysterious hepatitis in children
>> Covid-19 vaccine triggers drop demand and health vaccination alerts
This population is most affected by acute airborne infections, as it is more risky from an immunological point of view. The trend is that this movement, which affects both public and private services, will only increase as we get closer to winter.
Infections can occur in the upper respiratory tract (nose, throat, ears and sinuses) or below (bronchi and lungs – pneumonia and viral bronchiolitis). Symptoms include nasal discharge and obstruction, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and headache, changes in taste and smell, and fever may or may not be present. Vomiting and diarrhea may also occur.
However, not every image of the symptoms needs to be taken to the child care unit, which simply overloads the system. According to the municipal and state health departments of Curitiba and Paran, find out in which cases the child should receive emergency care and when to wait at home through remote monitoring:
Sit at home and wait, with remote observation *
Symptoms of mild shortness of breath such as runny nose (runny nose), runny nose (runny nose), sore throat, cough, loss of smell and taste, low-grade fever (equal to or greater than 37.8 degrees) for less than 24 hours, headache and body aches Pain.
Moderate respiratory symptoms, such as fever for more than 24 hours (equivalent to 37.8 degrees or more), fever that does not improve with the use of antipyretic (paracetamol or dipyrone), vomiting that does not improve with medication, weakness, shortness of breath, rapid breathing, Shortness of breath, but able to talk and / or eat / suck (in children), smell and the tip of purple fingers.
When severe respiratory symptoms occur, it is important to go to the emergency services immediately. See what they are:
– Purple lips;
– Difficulty speaking due to shortness of breath;
– Difficulty eating and drinking fluids due to shortness of breath;
– Infants are unable to breastfeed due to shortness of breath;
– Difficulty staying awake;
– Mental confusion;
– High fever (equal to or greater than 39 C);
– Red / purple spots on the body,
– Swelling of lips and / or eyes.
The number of calls is higher than expected
According to a technical note from the state health department in Paran, more incidents have occurred this year than expected. “In addition to the viruses known for many years, we are still dealing with the Covid-19 epidemic, and our influenza cases have generally increased before that time,” the note said.
Symptoms of infection: Take this precaution
If anyone in the family has any of the above symptoms, the ideal is to take care to prevent the spread of the virus:
– Avoid social distance and coagulation from other people;
– Maintain a well-ventilated environment with open windows and doors;
– Always keep your hands clean, wash them or 70% with gel alcohol;
– When coughing or sneezing cover your nose and mouth with tissue, discard the tissue and clean your hands;
– Do not touch eyes, nose and mouth with hands. If you touch, sanitize your hands;
– Avoid hugs, kisses and handshakes;
– Always clean children’s toys;
– Do not share cutlery, towels, plates, cups and bottles;
– Wear a mask if you have flu-like symptoms;
– With the above mentioned symptoms, the child should not go to school until he is well,
If the child is at school and begins to show symptoms, he or she should be gently taken to a safe room to wait for the arrival of a parent or guardian.
Watch 10 series and movies coming out this week on Netflix
The more life, the better!
Guilharm takes Tukao to his clinic
Tiberius said he was thinking of marrying Muda
Highlights of the week